Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Scandinavian Sci-Fi Convention 2013


It lasted for two days, both Saturday and Sunday, but we only had time to attend during Sunday. Even if we would've had the time for both days, I don't think it would've been necessary. We didn't have any major interest for the celebrities, even though we knew about some of them. I'm not that kind of person anymore who have idols. I think it's more common when you're a kid.


I was busy looking at stuff, so my boyfriend took most of the photos. You could say I have a bigger interest than he does :) But I still wanted to bring him there, seeing as I've been there once or twice before, although it was many years ago and I'm happy to see the Convention has grown since then.


Yes, there were a lot of things I weren't really interested in, such as Star Trek, Star Wars and Magic the Gathering. But I still respect the fans and the people who enjoy it. We prefer Stargate, but unfortunately, it's not as popular here. But as you can see, there were more than just sci-fi stuff at this convention.




There were a lot of comic-, toy-, movie- and video game related products to be found (I also found an old friend from my home town). My boyfriend bought a Pac Man mug that changes when heated. It wasn't very well done at some places but it's still pretty cool. In the photo below, you can see all of the stuff that I bought. I had never dreamed of finding those Japanese Sega Mega Drive games (1,2,3) at such low prices. I guess I was lucky the seller wasn't aware of their real value!


as a whole it was nice to visit a fair without work and to actually have time to be a customer for once, seeing others work made me appreciate my free time even more, now that I know what it feels like to attend events such as this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment