I think many people misunderstand what fashion is about. For people like me who are into it, it is obvious that we are not forced to like something just because it's new, because everyone do not like the same styles and all styles are not suitable for everyone.
Each and every person has the opportunity to find his or her own style that both fits the body type AND your personal likings... and that is what fashion is, it is about expressing yourself and who you are.
There are sides of fashion that are used by the rich and famous, and they are using it for superficial purposes, but that is far from all, fashion is for everyone, it's not written in stone, it's changeable, and it's always evolving, just like each and everyone of us. New ideas are born every day.
It's an amazing feeling to go with your own flow and express yourself and how you feel at the moment through different outfits, it can be a challenge on days when you are uncertain of how you feel... but to me, clothes don't define you, you define the clothes.
People are no mind readers, and that is why fashion is such a great invention, you can tell so much just by looking at a person, whether that person is into what is known as fashion or not.
I used to be that teenage odd out girl who didn't like what the other girls in my class were wearing. and during my most insecure times, I desperatly tried to imitate other people - and of course it failed. because it's not about copying, it's about adapting..
it's ironic how my lack of ability to adapt in the past has evolved into what I am today. maybe I even adapt too much at times, but I like being the chameleon.. it's a choice, because looking the same all the time bores me..
but it doesn't mean that I'm no longer myself, it just means that the range of what I like can't be restricted to one area. If that means I'm special, so be it, but I think we are all special in our own ways...
No comments:
Post a Comment