Thursday, March 24, 2011

more than satisfied

Recently, I've learned that people look up to me,
even though I look down on myself most of the time.
Doing that is an old habit of mine, I guess.
After having people putting me down all my life,
I've recently learned that I'm not stupid or worthless,
that I've only been weakened by my past surroundings.
My opinions do matter, no matter what some people may say.

Just for fun, I took a quick and dirty IQ test online, and I actually got higher than I thought. Not only because English is my second language, but because I've gotten used to being treated as if I'm stupid. I'm well aware of that I didn't score the highest, but I wouldn't even want to.

Why? Because it seems to take away so many other things that are important in life if you want to be happy. Knowing too much can be a curse, or so I've heard. But not only because of that, but also because of practical reasons. If I had spent all my childhood studying, I wouldn't have had time to develop other kinds of knowledge. I've noticed there are people with the opposite problem as well, who are very sociable, but when it comes to school results, there's not much to brag about. So I'm happy that I'm in between, having the best (and sometimes unfortunately the worst) from both worlds, as long as I'm above the average Joe.

Getting "above average" on both logical and verbal intelligence, and even on the result of my mathematical intelligence, I'm more than satisfied. I've never been an average, except for in my career, but that's about to change, too. I just know it. Because of the fact that I did not settle for less in life, my patience is finally paying off. I guess it's true what they say that good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment