Friday, September 19, 2014

Pregnancy 2014

it's been 19 weeks so from now on it will be pretty much impossible to hide it. i've already told some people about this but haven't really made any public announcement because I feel like some things should be kept private. I don't really like seeing other people's baby pictures on facebook so once he's out, I will probably not post much about him. I want to respect that he is an individual, even though he is just a child. I sure wouldn't want my parents to post funny photos of me as a baby for everyone to see. some people say, once you become a parent, you will change your mind. i can't argue with that yet, and of course I won't be hiding him from cameras, but i hope that my respect for my son will be greater than my need for constant social media attention.



with that being said, I would like to write a bit about my pregnancy so far, because this is my blog after all, and what would a blog be without mentioning the great moments in life? The problem will be once he's born, I will probably not be able to keep this up. Same thing goes for my WITCH work, that is why I've decided to finish the remaining issues 132-139 before february. It may sound difficult but I've already managed to get 2 issues out in three weeks, so I'm pretty hopeful.



this was me during summer, hiding under an umbrella because I read somewhere that it is not a good idea to be in too much direct sunlight during the first 12 weeks. It can cause permanent skin spots or even miscarriage so as most future mothers I was pretty worried during this period. I also had extreme morning sickness for weeks. To compare, you could say it feels like motion sickness on repeat, every day. It was a great relief when that period finally passed.

Since then, things have been pretty calm for me. I am lucky to work from home because I notice that once I walk around long distances, I get tired real quickly. That is also the reason for being very anti-social during the last couple of months. I also decided to not take any more university courses because of this. Instead, I will take this opportunity to take as much time for myself as I possibly can, because I know I won't be able to for much longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment