Thursday, March 18, 2010

where I end and you begin


this week I've been struggling with the questions for my mini-essay, not because the book I've read is uninteresting in anyway - The Remains of the Day was really interesting and I still have to see the film - but because of the elements of fiction, as we have discussed earlier during this course, which just make me puzzled. They go against what we learned in the beginning of the course through the book "Doing English" where it said there are no right or wrong answers to how a book should be interpreted. I couldn't agree more with this; being expected to give answers that are a question of interpretation wears me out! In the end, it only makes me appreciate the book less and unfortunately it has been the same thing with all the books so far in this course. When I first read the books I enjoy them but when I am forced to see patterns, stated as obvious by others, the books lose their charm. And the whole process becomes a burden instead of a learning experience.

Climbing up the Walls
SVT2 & TV4
bookmark of the week: TGL forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment